This article comprises the part of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area that is West of I-15, but south of Summerlin Parkway and US 95.
Get in by car, taxi or bus — there are many lines going into western Las Vegas, though this might mean transfers and/or some walking depending on where you’re going.
Hotel casinos and attractions just across the interstate from the Strip can be accessed by walking.
- 1 Springs Preserve, 333 South Valley View Blvd, ☎+1 702 822-7700. Daily 10AM-6PM. A large complex in the center of the city that features a Desert Living Center, interactive wildlife shows, galleries, museums, various gardens, and historical and nature trails. $18.95 adults, $17.05 seniors/students, $10.95 youth (discounts for Nevada residents and active military).
- 1 Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas, 309 S Valley View Blvd, ☎+1 702 486 5205. Tu-Su 9AM-5PM. Adults $19.95, Nevada Residents $9.95, Children 18 & under free.
(updated Jun 2018)
- 1 Las Vegas Chinatown Plaza, 4255 Spring Mountain Rd (about 1 mile west of Treasure Island, Take a westbound CAT Route 203 bus from the intersection of Las Vegas Boulevard and Spring Mountain Road between TI and the Fashion Show Mall). A place to experience Asian culture.
- 1 Hollywood Cars Museum, 5115 Dean Martin Dr (Located at the Hot Rod City dealership off the I-15 by the Strip, west of Luxor.), ☎+1 702 331-6400. Open daily. A 30,000 square foot car museum featuring vehicles that have appeared in over 100 films and TV shows. Visitors can see, among others, several James Bond cars, Knight Rider’s KITT, Batmobiles, and a Back to the Future Delorean. $20 per person; kids under 16 are free with a paid adult.
- Liberace Garage, 5115 Dean Martin Dr. (inside the Hollywood Cars Museum), ☎+1 702 331 6400, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A gallery operated by the Liberace Foundation that exhibits several of Liberace’s cars including a mirrored Rolls Royce and rhinestone-studded Dusenberg. This exhibit comes from the now defunct Liberace Museum. Tour package can include transportation to and private viewing of the Liberace Museum Collection located inside Michael Jackson’s home, Thriller Villa. included with Hollywood Cars Museum ticket. (updated Feb 2018)